Join our team
Join our team of international biotechnology experts, scientists, and engineers to revolutionize the current cannabinoid and terpene markets. Become a part of the rapidly growing therapeutic cannabinoid revolution – help our company grow into the leading producer of biosynthetic cannabinoids and terpenes.
We are looking for a molecular biologist to join our start-up team in Fremont, CA. The candidate will participate in our R&D efforts for yeast strain engineering.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, or a closely related area/discipline or equivalent research (e.g. microbiology, genetics, molecular biology, biotechnology), with a focus on the design of synthetic biology/metabolic engineering approaches, and engineering microbial strains.
- A doctorate and postdoctoral research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology, or related field.
- Strong background knowledge and demonstrated ability to design and carry out experiments, analyze and interpret data in one or more of the following areas: metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology, or related field
- Proven track record of research in experimental strain engineering or closely related area (e.g. metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology)
- Practical experience in microbial strain engineering
- Practical experience in genetic engineering of yeast (e.g. S. cerevisiae, P. pastoris, or Y. lipolytica)
- Practical experience with DNA assembly techniques such as Gibson, SLIC, or Golden Gate
- Experience in analyzing biological experimental data
- Good time-keeping and time-management, with associated effective prioritization of tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet agreed milestones
- The ability to work effectively as part of a research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Capable of working collaboratively with researchers from different disciplines or technical background
- A record of publications in quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in an industry is highly desirable
Job Type: Full-time, potentially remote.
We are looking for a research scientist/bioinformatician to join our start-up team in Fremont, CA. The candidate will participate in our R&D efforts and will perform experiments/bioinformatic analysis for yeast strain engineering. The primary focus of this candidate will be facilitating the synthetic biology of secondary metabolite production for pharmaceutical applications. The candidate will also support other duties related to general lab operations.
- Next-generation sequencing/nanopore sequencing of plant/fungal DNA and RNA.
- Gene prediction and genome annotations
- Analysis secondary metabolites
- Expression analysis
- Protein engineering
- Fungal PKS gene prediction/identification/heterologous expression.
- Polyketide related metabolite analysis.
- Support all other experimental efforts of our R&D team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Bioinformatics, or related field.
- Experienced skills in programming languages, python preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in bioinformatics.
- Experience in yeast strain engineering.
Job Type: Full-time, Potentially remote